South Leicestershire College are starting a new BPEC renewable energy training course, and installing all the technologies from BritishEco for demonstration and training. The College plans to become a leader in renewable energy training in the UK.
- Rainwater Harvesting. The college will have a demonstration kit to collect rainwater and recycle it to flush the toilets.
- Nordic Inverter. A stand-alone air source heat pump will be wall mounted. Air Source heating is particularly popular in Scandinavia but is also suitable for the UK.
- Solar Electricity. A solar home power station will demonstrate how a small solar PV system is connected up to produce electricity, and could be installed in most homes.
- Solar Thermal. There will be a 20-tube solar system installed on site. The evacuated tubes will enable the college to use solar energy to heat their hot water.
- Solar Demonstration Units. A solar demonstration rig will be used for training, which comes on a moveable stand, along with the hot water cylinder. This is suited to fit the BPEC training requirements.
- Heat Pumps. There will be a Live Ground Source Heat Pump demonstration kit on site, using geothermal energy for space heating.
- Wren Wind Turbine. This small wind turbine will be used to show the electrical connections and operation of wind turbines.
- Merlin Wind Turbine. The large 2.5kW wind turbine will be installed outside to produce electricity, subject to planning permission.